We can’t wait to see Suze Orman here on Mar 11! We hope she says this a lot when she’s here.
Chelsea Handler was here on Tuesday with Ronan Farrow when talk turned serious—about Justin Bieber. Watch the video on 92Y On Demand.
Photo credit: Joyce Culver for 92Y
Chelsea Handler on Miley Cyrus
Rob Shuter, of VH1’s “Gossip Table” and his site Naughty But Nice Rob, reports from last night’s Chelsea Handler talk at 92Y:
Last night at the AMAZING 92nd Street Y, Chelsea Handler admitted that after six years of being on the air, she thinks she has gotten a little less mean…but that doesn’t mean, Miley Cyrus is safe! Wink
“If you’re Miley Cyrus and you’re running around the country dry humping a piano, everybody is going to talk about it so that’s kind of her own doing. If you’re someone who’s going through a terrible divorce and you’re really having your heart-broken and your kids are growing up and reading this in the paper, that’s mean, that’s not nice. So there’s a difference,” she tole the SOLD OUT crowd at THE 92ND STREET Y. “If you’re putting on a show and people are criticizing you that’s kind of the world you’re living in. If something happened to you and people are making fun of it, I think there’s a little bifurcation.”
Reblog if you agree. Take a risk if you don’t.
Watch full video from this talk, The Genius of the Start-Up with Jonathan Medved and Barbara Corcoran, here.
Jonathan Tisch and Hoda Kotb
5 Things We Learned About Hoda Kotb Last Night
- Hoda’s grandmother was one of the first female doctors in Egypt.
- Hoda drove around the country auditioning for her first job for 10 days, receiving 27 rejections, before getting hired at a TV station in Greenville, MS.
- "Don’t hog your journey; it’s not just for you.” This advice from a stranger convinced her to publically share her experience with breast cancer.
- Kathie Lee Gifford taught her to be a better listener. One day her Today Show co-host urged Hoda to toss her cue cards for a more authentic tone. Hoda said, “For the very fist time, we really talked.”
- She met her current boyfriend, Joel, at a book signing.
5 Things We Learned About Fred and Carrie Last Night
1. Fred Armisen gets mistaken for Rick Moranis.
2. Fred Armisen is afraid of heights.
3. Carrie is very proud of how Portlandia turned one of the last feminist bookstores into a tourist destination.
4. Carrie feels “fortunate to have sort of a restart with Portlandia.”
5. Fred and Carrie are “more concerned about comedy and humor [on Portlandia], not commentary as much.”
Congrats to Seth Meyers on his Late Night debut! Here’s Seth talking about SNL sketches and pitches at 92Y last year. On Fred Armisen:
I don’t think Fred has ever pitched something he has any intention of writing. He’ll pitch weird things like, “Rosie Perez and I are dating now. I just wanna write something she’s in.”
Astute SNL viewers might remember New York Stories with Martin Scorsese (Fred) and Rosie Perez (Amy Poehler).
Fred and Carrie Brownstein will be at 92Y tonight to talk about Portlandia. It’s sold out, but if you didn’t get a ticket or live outside of New York, you can watch live online here!
Win tickets to the SOLD OUT Chelsea Handler with Ronan Farrow event. It’s real simple. Go here and “Like” us on Facebook and submit your email. That’s it!
Put a bird on it!
Well, that’s exactly what we did. Portlandia creators Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein will be here to talk about the fourth season of their wickedly funny IFC series on Feb 25.
Get your tickets here, then click the video below to see Armisen and Brownstein’s eco-conscious grocery story employees eviscerate a bewildered Jack McBrayer.