Jonathan Tisch and Hoda Kotb
5 Things We Learned About Hoda Kotb Last Night
- Hoda’s grandmother was one of the first female doctors in Egypt.
- Hoda drove around the country auditioning for her first job for 10 days, receiving 27 rejections, before getting hired at a TV station in Greenville, MS.
- "Don’t hog your journey; it’s not just for you.” This advice from a stranger convinced her to publically share her experience with breast cancer.
- Kathie Lee Gifford taught her to be a better listener. One day her Today Show co-host urged Hoda to toss her cue cards for a more authentic tone. Hoda said, “For the very fist time, we really talked.”
- She met her current boyfriend, Joel, at a book signing.