5 Things We Learned About Arianna Huffington & Barbara Walters Last Night
Barbara Walters interviewed Arianna Huffington on 92Y’s stage last night about her rise to international success with the Huffington Post and life lessons she’s learned along the way. Here is what we learned from these two journalism icons.
- Babs and Arianna are besties. No, really. Barbara was a bridesmaid at Arianna’s wedding (and wore “a hideous purple dress”) and is the godmother of her daughter.
- Arianna wants you to go to sleep. The HuffPo founder could not emphasize the importance of a good night’s rest enough, saying “the only role models we have are burned out, sleep-deprived guys in suits.”
- Barbara makes Arianna’s daughter cry. The View creator has been a big support to her goddaughter over the years, but their inspirational lunches often end in tears. Sounds like having lunch with Barbara isn’t too different than being interviewed by her.
- Arianna has no desire to marry again.
- Arianna doesn’t care about her legacy. She believes that the body is merely a “rental car” for the soul.